From time to time, we find that we have vacancies for staff or support personnel. This page will hold information concerning all currently open vacancies. If there are no documents shown below, it reflects that we have no live vacancies.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects its staff to follow the policies put in place to ensure this. South End Junior School follows safe recruitment practices.
1:1 Teaching Learning
START DATE: 6 December 2021
The position is linked to specific pupils and, as is usual will finish or change should the pupil leave the school or High Needs Funding ceases/changes
Grade D, Points 3 & 4
FTE- £18,562 to £18,933 / £7,131 – £7,420
HOURS: 17 hours per week, term time only
8.35am to 12.05 pm Monday – Friday
(8.25 am start on Mondays)
We are looking for:
A Teaching Assistant to join our team to support the learning of a specific Year 5 child so that he can fully access the curriculum.
- have the ability and willingness to support the child’s academic growth and independence, whilst acknowledging that he requires support to enable him to learn
- be experienced in or be willing to undertake training in Emotion Coaching
- be willing and able to build a nurturing, working relationship with the children
- be passionate and committed to making a difference to children who have diverse needs
- recognise that children have very different and individual needs and be able to tailor your provision accordingly
- be able to motivate and encourage children on an individual basis and as part of a group.
What you will find at South End Junior School:
- A child whose confidence and self-esteem you can help grow,
- A child who needs you to support him to progress academically
- A supportive team with close liaison with the Director of Inclusion
- Appropriate training to help you fulfil your role
- A work environment for you where you feel part of a team and you can make a real difference
- An outstanding and exceptional learning environment
- A very modern, forward thinking vision
- Brilliant children, who are so proud of their school and their uniform; especially their lime green ties!
FOR ALL DOCUMENTS TO HELP WITH YOUR APPLICATION, SEE LINKS BELOW.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Friday 5 November 2021
INTERVIEW DATE: Tuesday 9 November 2021
START DATE: 6 December 2021 or as soon as possible after that
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The post is subject to enhanced DBS disclosure.