From time to time, we find that we have vacancies for staff or support personnel. This page will hold information concerning all currently open vacancies. If there are no documents shown below, it reflects that we have no live vacancies.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects its staff to follow the policies put in place to ensure this. South End Junior School follows safe recruitment practices.
TEACHING ASSISTANT – 1:1 LEARNING, AND SOCIAL/EMOTIONAL
START DATE: 1Sept 20 2020
Previous Applicants Need Not Apply
The position is linked to a specific pupil and,
as is usual, will finish should the pupil leave the school or Education, Health Care Plan cease/change
Grade D, Points 3 & 4
FTE- £18,065 to £18,426
Pro rata salary – £11,798 to £12,305
HOURS: 29 hours per week, term time only.
8.35 am to 3.00 pm with 15 minutes unpaid break and 30 minutes unpaid lunch
(8.25 am start on Mondays)
We are looking for:
A Teaching Assistant to join our team to support the learning, and social/emotional needs of a specific Year 5 child with difficulties in emotional regulation, cognition and learning, personal independence and communication, so that he can fully access the curriculum.
- have the ability and willingness to support the child’s academic growth, whilst acknowledging that he requires support to enable him to remain focused and complete tasks,
- use both nurture and structure to help the child cope with frustrations and regulate his emotional and behavioural responses,
- be experienced in or be willing to undertake training in Emotion Coaching,
- be experienced in or be willing to undertake Team Teach training,
- be willing and able to build a trusting, working relationship with the child so that they feel safe in school,
- be able to think on your feet, and respond appropriately to aggressive behaviour,
- be passionate and committed to making a difference to children who have diverse needs,
- recognise that children have very different and individual needs and be able to tailor your provision accordingly,
- be able to motivate and encourage children on an individual basis and as part of a group.
What you will find at South End Junior:
- A child whose confidence and self-esteem you can help grow,
- A child who needs you to enable him to progress academically by helping him to work through his social and emotional needs,
- A supportive team with close liaison with the Director of Inclusion,
- Appropriate training to help you fulfil your role,
- A work environment for you where you feel part of a team and you can make a real difference,
- An outstanding and exceptional learning environment,
- A very modern, forward thinking vision,
- Brilliant children, who are so proud of their school and their uniform; especially their lime green ties!
FOR AN APPLICATION PACK PLEASE:
- visit our website – www.southendjunior.com
- telephone the school – 01933 314611
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Friday 13 June 2020
INTERVIEW DATE: w/c 22 June 2020
Interviews will be held remotely if necessary.
START DATE: 1 September 2020
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to enhanced DBS disclosure.